As the admission season has begun,most of you must be wondering where to stay. Following are the three options available for a person seeking accommodation:-
- Stay in the college’s hostel.
- Stay as a paying guest (PG) near your college.
- Rent/buy your own flat.
- Not every college under the University of Delhi has a hostel.
- Getting admission into a college that has a hostel does not guarantee admission in the hostel due to limited number of seats.
- Candidates who wish to apply for a seat in the college hostel may contact the college concerned directly for admission and availability of actual number of seats for this year.
The colleges under the University of Delhi which provide hostel facilities to students are as follows:-
|S.No||Name Of College||Seats|
|1.||Daulat Ram College||203|
|4.||Indraprastha College For Women||370*|
|5.||Kirori Mal College||180|
|6.||LSR College for Women||295|
|7.||Miranda House (Women only)||366|
|8.||Ramjas College (Women & Men)||80+130|
|9.||Shri Ram College of Commerce (Women & Men)||53+150|
|10.||Sri Venkateswara College (Women & Men)||73+72|
|11.||International Students House for Women (Few Seats)||19|
|12.||S.G.T.B. Khalsa College (Women only)||147|
|13.||International Students House (Few Seats)||30|
|14.||Maharaja Agrasen College (Women only)||58|
|15.||Keshav Mahavidyalaya(Women only)||78|
|16.||Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women||119|
|17.||Undergraduate Hostel for Girls||654|
*No seats will be available this year on account of renovation
Admission in Hostel for Scheduled Castes / Tribes Students / PwD / CW
1. Out of the vacant hostels seats, 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste Students and 7½% for Scheduled Tribe Students in College/ University Hostels. The allotment of seats in Hostels to Scheduled Caste/ Tribe Students should be based on merits of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe Students of each College and only such students should be considered for Hostel accommodation whose parents are not residing in Delhi.
2. However, if seats are available, any hard case of Scheduled Caste/ Tribe students, whose parents are residing in Delhi, may be examined by the Head of the Institution / Hostel on the individual merits of the students concerned. Last date for admission to the Hostels be fixed according to dates fixed for admission of Scheduled Caste/ Tribe students by the University and that seats remaining unfilled in this reserved category be treated as open seats and be offered to other students after the expiry of last date for admission to Hostels for Scheduled Caste/ Tribe students.
3. 3% seats are reserved for the Physically Challenged Students in the Hostels of the University and Colleges.
4. Some seats are also reserved for CW quota in the Hostels of the University and colleges.