DU Admissions 2017 : Admission season at Delhi University is about to begin with most of the students from different parts of the country aspiring to join Delhi University have already started to keep a check on all the latest updates.We brings to you 10 points and updates related to DU Admissions 2017 which you should be aware of if you’re aspiring to join Delhi University this year-
1.Delhi University will begin with the admission process early this year,probably between end April-mid May.The long registration window will ensure that students don’t have to run at the last moment for various certificates like-Income certificate,OBC-SC-ST certificate,etc
2. There would be no entrance exam as it was rumored before for all the Undergraduate courses at Delhi University.Admissions will be on the basis of merit,i.e cut off just like every year with University conducting Entrance exams for a few selected courses.
3. Undergraduate courses which will have an Entrance exam are-Joint Admission Test (for courses like BBE,BFIA and BBS),B El Ed and Cluster Innovation Centre (for its BA Hons and B Tech courses).
4. Entrance exams will be conducted in online mode this year.It’d be the first time when Delhi University will conduct entrances in online mode.
5. The application form,application form payment and fee payment for courses can all be done online which will save students from queuing up at colleges.
6. Admissions for courses which involve a cutoff will include student’s Best of Four percentage and not his/her aggregate score.For Science courses,different criteria will be followed to determine his percentage.
7. 5% seats in each course is reserved for ECA and Sports quota candidates.Admissions on the basis of these reservation can be taken by the student if he/she is able to fulfill guidelines laid down by the university and then clear auditions/trials.Each college conducts its own trials for ECA and Sports,so keep following the college websites once admission forms are released by University of Delhi.
8. Apart from Regular colleges,Delhi University also has the option of studying in School of Open Learning (SOL) and Non Collegiate Women’S Education Board (NCWEB).
9. School of Open Learning is planning to start 10 new courses from this academic season since regular colleges don’t have as many seats in comparison to the number of applicants. (Click Here To Read : Delhi University’s School Of Open Learning Set To Launch Ten New Courses)
10. Entrance exam for Post Graduate and Research courses will also take place online.Admission forms for Masters,M Phil and PhD courses are expected to be out by first week of May 2017. (Click Here To Read : DU Admissions 2017 : Online Entrance For Under Graduate,Masters & Research Courses)
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and relatives so they are updated with the latest developments.Keep following this space for more news and updates.
Join the largest Facebook group (38000+ members) serving Delhi University students and aspirants,to receive admission updates and news round the clock,get your queries solved by our team members and thousands of Delhi University students : https://www.facebook.com/groups/duexpress.in/