As of last year, if a DU aspirant wants to pursue a degree in the Computer Science/IT field, B.Sc.(H)Computer Science was the only option at undergraduate level in Delhi University.
But After the introduction of B.VOC.(Software Development) in September last year, students are fascinated that how it is different from the traditional B.Sc.(H)Computer Science in terms of curriculum, opportunities and scope.
B.Sc.(H) Computer Science :-
Computer Science honors is a bachelor’s degree, usually awarded after three of collegiate study in computer science field. In general, computer science degree program emphasize the mathematical and theoretical foundations of computing.
B.VOC.(Software Development) is a judicious mixture of skills in Information Technology and appropriate content of general components as well. The course was designed with the objective of making students job-ready in the Computer Science/IT field after graduation .
What makes Software Development more desirable:-
- A vocational degree in IT sector will give you an edge over other students who have a generalized degree as BVoc will give a slight specialization in the IT field making it more easier to be recruited.
- The course curriculum will also taught you soft skills and some key aspects of management to make you job-ready in that field.
- In comparison with Computer Science honors, syllabus and subjects are updated according to the latest requirements at the industry level.
- The course has multiple ‘entry and exit’ points that gives students a lot of flexibility in case they want to take a break from studies and work.
- B.VOC is a great alternative to traditional courses since it focuses on practical knowledge and skill building rather than theoretical knowledge.
- Software Development students gets industrial training in which IT companies and PSU experts interact with the students on regular basis.
Concluding, B.VOC(Software Development) in Delhi University in an emerging course that is replacing traditional courses like Computer Science honors and BCA as its well designed curriculum is attracting students who aspires to pursue their career in Information Technology field.
Choose Wisely! Good Luck!