The RSS affiliated, Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) announced it’s manifesto on 7 September 2019, for the Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) polls.
In their manifesto, ABVP included :
- that a five-point model will be introduced which will revolve around campus, course, admission, examination and results.
- a separate manifesto for female students in which ABVP will organise ‘Mission Sahasi’ and reach to around 20,000 female students to train them in self-defence techniques.
- that remedial classes for SC and ST students and English classes for needy students would be held to make them more employable and confident.
- science laboratories in all the colleges with latest equipments shall be set up.
- that good sanitation, clean and green campus and new hostels will exist in all the colleges.
- that east and west campuses would be set up on the lines of the existing north and south campuses.
- that it would fight to ensure free education for transgenders and formation of gender sensitisation and complaints committee to create sensitivity for the LGBTQ community in the varsity.
- that same fee would be charged throughout the varsity for a particular course and the admission process would be made more student-friendly.
- that Delhi University shall be amongst the top 200 international universities by 2022 and shall attain the top spot in the Ministry of Human Resource Development’s National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings.
- that the university calendar should be made and a fixed date for declaration of results should be set up and also, a draft date sheet should be shared with student unions and councils.
The party has announced Akshit Dahiya for the post of president, Pradeep Tanwar for the post of vice-president, Yogit Rathi for the post of secretary and Shivangi Kharwal for the post of joint secretary.