- Sri Venkateswara College, popularly known as ‘Venky’ nowadays, was established by T.T. Devasthanams in 1961 and is considered to be as one of the renowned co-educational colleges in South Campus, University of Delhi.
The College has been conferred upon the coveted STAR STATUS College by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. as according to the annual report 2016-17.
- B.A.(Hons) Economics
- B.A. (Hons) English
- B.A. (Hons) Hindi
- B.A. (Hons) History
- B.A. (Hons) Political Science
- B.A. (Hons) Sanskrit
- B.A. (Hons) Sociology
- B.A. (Programme)
- B.Com (Hons)
- B.Com (Programme)
- B.Sc. Life Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Bio Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Botany
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Electronics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Statistics
- B.sc. (Hons) Zoology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biological Sciences
Apart from these courses, SVC also offers various post graduate courses and part time add on courses on various disciplines and languages like German, French, Russian and Spanish.
Societies at Venky
Society culture in venky is one of a kind. There is a wide variety of societies to choose from. Some the college societies are as follows:
- Verve – Western Dance Society of Venky
- Crescendo – Music Society of Venky
- Effulgence – Film and Photography Society of Venky
- Conquiztadors – Quiz Society of Venky
- Leonci – Creative Arts Society
- Nritya – Choreography Society
- Nrityangna -Indian Folk and Classic Dance Society
- Verbum – English Dramatics Society
- Alaap – Indian Music Society
- Anubhuti – Hindi Dramatics Society
- Enactus SVC
- Parivartan – The Social Service Society
- MAC – The Marketing Club SVC
- Principia – The Physics Society of SVC
- The Blue Chip – Finance and Investment Cell SVC
- Women Development Cell SVC
- Commerce Association SVC
- ASCEND – The Enterprenuership Cell SVC
- The Economic Association SVC
- Equal Opportunity Cell(EOC) SVC
Placement Cell – Sri Venkateswara College
The Placement Cell of SVC secures the future of the students by providing them with the continuous opportunities of internships and placements throughout the year.
Till date, the average salary package stands at ₹4,15,784 and the highest pay package stood at ₹10 lacs per annum, offered by One Direct.
This year, the Cell has managed to get 146 Placement Offers for the Department of Sciecne, Commece and Arts in the top notch organisations, a few being American Express, Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young, PwC India, The Oberoi Group, One Direct, ZS Associates, TATA Power and FIS among others.
Lush green trees and full of colorful flowers adds to the charm of the campus. Favourite spots of students include ‘Foyer Area’ and the ‘Rock Garden’. Students are often seen relaxing and making the most of there time here when not in classes. The Canteen of the college serves fresh and delicious pocket friendly food. The major attractions are Masala Dosa, Pav Bhaaji and Naan Thali. Apart from these, jalebi, pastries and tikki are also added to the menu in summers.
Location and Connectivity
The College is located in Satya Niketan, Dhaula Kuan. Nearest metro station from the college is the newly inaugrated ‘Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus’ which is less than a minute walk from the college itself. A segment of the Pink line metro which operates from Majilis Park to DD South Campus connects the North Campus and South Campus with only a 40 min. travel.
ANNUAL CULTURAL FEST – NEXUS
The annual cultural fest of Sri Venkateswara College, NEXUS, was founded in 1978. It attracts the students from various colleges. Many celebs like Kailash Kher, Sunidhi Chauhan, KK, Mohit Chauhan, Vishal Dadlani, Armaan Malik, Jazzy B, Shankar Mahadevan, Sukhwinder Singh have performed at the festival.
Nexus is organised by Fine Arts Association(FAA) in collaboration with the Student Union.
The College list within the top five co-ed for all three streams of arts, commerce and science in Delhi, according to India Today Rankings 2016.
Popular Places to hangout/ Popular Food joints
Venkyites enjoy the presence of the most infamous markets in south: Satya Niketan right in front of the campus. Having a fascinating variety from cafe’s like QDs, Cafeteria & Co., The Big Yellow Door, WoodBox Cafe, Subway, Pizza Hut and so on to small budget friendly outlets serving mouth watering Chinese food, shakes and ice creams surely makes it the favourite spot for all the south campus students. Rajouri Garden and NSP are also added to the go-list since the first segment of the pink line metro became operational.
These are some points which make Venky a place where you develop while spending your three crucial years.
A Quick Myth Buster:–
Sri Venkateswara College is not a minority college for south students! Have a nice day 🙂