The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has decided to institute cashless and contactless transactions for its commuters. To do this, DMRC has decided to introduce Quick Response (QR) codes on its network. Currently, only the airport express line has a QR code-based ticketing system.
Recently, the Delhi Metro has invited an expression of interest (EOI) from private firms in order to upgrade its Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system to enable QR code, bank account and RuPay based ticketing on its network.
DMRC stated- “The existing AFC technology and infrastructure (hardware and software) needs to be updated. The key dates for delivery and commissioning will be detailed out in the Request for Proposal document,”
The current procedure for using the QR code-based ticketing system is as follows-
- Download the ‘Ridlr’ app available on the google play store as well as on the apple app store.
- Register yourself on the app using your email id and phone number.
- Select the station of origin and destination of your choice.
- Select the number of commuters (maximum 6).
- The fare for your selected journey will then be displayed.
- Pay the amount using credit card/ debit card/ internet banking facilities. After successful payment, you will receive a notification.
- The ticket for your journey in the form of a QR code will be displayed.
- At the metro station, scan the QR-enabled ticket at the automatic fare collection (AFC) entry gate. The gate will open for you to commence your journey.
- Again at the exit gate, tap the QR code and the exit gates will open.
All the six metro stations on the airport express line currently have this system in place. DMRC plans to extend this system on all of its 9 corridors by the year 2022. This is being done following the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) standard model specified by the Union housing and urban affairs ministry.
Read also: Dear Metro
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.