Delhi University has begun the admission process for its regular undergraduate courses and released its first cut-off on October 1. Like every year, the cut-offs of the University are sky-high, going straight to 100% for many courses in the first list itself. Even in the second cut-off list, the top courses remain out of reach for students securing below 95%.
So, looking at the trend of these high cut-offs, the University is offering some offbeat courses for students to fulfil their dream of studying at a Delhi University college and wearing the DU tag.
The School of Open Learning (SOL) is an undertaking of Delhi University that offers admission to students in several certificate courses. Candidates who have passed their Class 12th can go for these courses. However, students need to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria required for each course in SOL.
Earlier in the month of July, DU officials inaugurated SOL’s new Regional Centre (West) in Keshavpuram in the national capital. Accordingly, the SOL is now providing over 20 unique certificate courses in different career-oriented fields. Consequently, the offline and online courses offered by SOL will help you brush up your skills, enhance your CV and increase your chances of employment.
Courses offered by Delhi University’s SOL
- Data Science and Machine Learning
- Office Automation and E-accounting
- Digital Marketing & Social Media Advertising
- Ethical Hacking & Cyber Security
- Skill program on Financial Markets
- Stenography & IT Skills
- Soft Skills & Personality Development
- Fashion Designing
- Event Management, Marketing & PR
- Interior Designing
- Filmmaking & Direction
- Mass Communication & Digital Media Productions
- Fine Arts & Digital Arts
- Acting for Films, TV & Theatre
- 3D Animation & Video Editing
- 2D Animation & Motion Graphics
- Graphic Designing, DTP & Video Editing
- Medical Transcription
- Web Designing
- Fashion Modeling & Beauty Pageant Grooming
- Radio Jockeying, Anchoring & TV Journalism
Moreover, these same courses are also offered by the Campus of Open Learning (COL) of Delhi University. The details about course duration, admission process, and fees are available at col.du.ac.in.
Admission to these certificate courses is open round the year. Generally, the admissions are done on a first-come-first-serve basis. Apart from Class 12th students, regular students of DU colleges and other universities can also apply for admission to these courses.
Also read: DU releases the tentative datasheet for odd semesters here.