There are many students who had secured a seat for themselves after the first cut-off at one of the colleges in a course which might not be their first choice.Usually, after the second cut off is released, many students cancel their admission to choose a seat in the course and/or college of their choice.
According to UGC guidelines for undergraduate studies, a candidate can be enrolled at only one full-time UG course. Taking enrollment at two different places in two different courses is not allowed.
As we all know that DU colleges keep the original certificates of the candidates so as to the students do no end up taking admissions in two colleges or courses at the same time.
In case you wish to cancel your admission in one DU college for another, you need to follow these steps:
1. Log in to the DU UG Portal,click on the notification of the successful admission of existing college from which you want to withdraw/cancel your admission.
2. After clicking on the ‘Cancel the admission’ option,take the Printout.Make sure to mention the reason of cancellation of admission
3. Submit the Admission Cancellation printout to the College,you might be needed to present acknowledgement slip.Carry a copy of your fee receipt as well.Some colleges might ask you to write an application.
4. The college will return all your original Documents.
5. Login to the UG portal and generate a new admission slip.
6. Rush to the college in which you want your admission.Take the admission as u have taken in last cutoff.
According to DU UG bulletin :-if a student change college/course,admission fee will be adjusted automatically and student will pay the balance fee,if the fee is more in the new college/course in which the admission is taken.In case the fee is less in the new college/course in which the admission is taken ,the balance would refunded to the applicant’s account as per the college/University rules after the admission are closed.
For example,for example, is the fee paid in the previous college is ‚Çπ10000 and that in the new college is ‚Çπ13000, the extra ‚Çπ3000 is to be paid by the student and the rest ‚Çπ10000 Will be adjusted.
Candidates should make sure that they are meeting the cut offs in which they want to take admission and have proper documents,because once an admission application has been withdrawn,the seat will not be reissued to the candidate.
So don’t lose hopes.May in this cutoff you will get your dream college/course.All the best.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.