This year, Delhi University has introduced a new Post-Graduate Diploma course in cyber-security and law. According to the course prospectus,this diploma is an “advanced penetration testing and information security program”.¬†Recently, the University has extended the deadline for applications to this course to June 30. This is done to give time to applicants unaware of this new course.
The course, formulated by the Institute of Cyber Security and Law, is a combination of cyber-security and cyber-law and meets the requirements of industry in the present time.
Applications can be made through the Post Graduate Admission Portal of Delhi University. Admissions will be on merit basis for the 50 seats in the program.
The application procedure is a 3 stage process :
- Preparation of a merit list based on marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- Call for personal interviews on the basis of the prepared merit list.
- Preparation of a common merit list for admissions (drawn from a combination of 85% from marks obtained in qualifying examination and 15% from personal interviews).
Course structure and classes
The course will provide an individual with an expertise in pointing out potential loopholes of the system. It will enable students to carry out attacking as well as defensive methodologies in matters of cyber-security. This will help individuals and organizations to prevent potential data breach or loss.
Classes for this one-year diploma course will be held in Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies. The duration of the course is 42 weeks, divided into 2 semesters excluding examinations.
- Last date for Online Registrations for the course : 30.06.18
- Date of announcement of the list of candidates to be called for interview (tentative): 4.07.18
- Interview dates (tentative):¬†09.07.2018 to 13.07.2018
- Date of announcement of the list of selected candidates (tentative): on or before 18.07.18
The Bulletin of information¬†for the course¬†can be downloaded from here.