Amidst the ongoing lockdown due to the spread of COVID-19 where examinations and academic sessions came to a pause, the time for much-awaited University of Delhi admissions has come. the University of Delhi has released tentative dates and a tentative admission schedule for the academic session 2020-21. As per media reports, the University of Delhi has released a tentative schedule for DU Admissions 2020, which provides important details and dates for the admission process to the varsity. The report claims that the academic council of Delhi University is considering a proposal under which the admission process is expected to start in June 2020.
The tentative dates are said to depend on the CBSE Board exam schedule and their date of releasing the result. This tentative proposal will be held up in a meeting scheduled today i.e 29th May 2020.
Application process :
The application process according to this tentative schedule starts at 10 a.m. on 8th June 2020 where the University of Delhi will start accepting applications from aspiring candidates on its online portal. The process is likely to close at 5 p.m. on 30th June 2020. This timeline of the application process is the same for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
However, the portal will open again on 31st July 2020 for updating class XII marks and will close on 9th August, 2020.:
Cut-off dates :
The tentative dates for admission against various cut off lists are also included in the tentative proposal along with the dates for registration. The dates are as follows:
- Admission against 1st Cut off list – 10:00 am. on 11th August 2020 – 4:00 pm on 14th August 2020
- Admission against 2nd Cut off list – 10:00 am on 18th August 2020 – 4:00 pm on 20th August 2020
- Admission against 3rd Cut off list – 10:00 am on 23rd August 2020 – 4:00 pm on 25th August 2020
- Admission against 4th Cut off list – 10:00 am on 28th August 2020 – 4:00 pm on 31st August 2020
- Admission against 5th Cut off list – 10:00 am on 3rd September 2020 – 4:00 pm on 5th September 2020.
- Admission against the special Cut off list – 10:00 am on 8th September 2020 – 4:00 pm on 9th September 2020
Dates for Payment of fees :
- Last day of payment against 1st Cut off – 1:00 pm on 16th August 2020
- Last day of payment against 2nd Cut off – 1:00 pm on 21st August 2020
- Last day of payment against 3rd Cut off – 1:00 pm on 26th August 2020
- Last day of payment against 4th Cut off – 1:00 pm on 1st September 2020
- Last day of payment against 5th Cut off – 1:00 pm on 6th September 2020
- Last day of payment against Special Cut off – 1:00 pm on 10th September 2020
The session will supposedly commence on 1st September as per the guidelines by University Grants Commission. The tentative schedule release also mentions the following points :
- In case vacant seats are left, further Cut-offs may be announced by the University to fill the vacancies.
- This schedule is based on the declaration of class XII result by CBSE.
- This is a tentative schedule. The dates may be modified keeping in view the situation at the time of admission due to COVID-19.
As discussed earlier, the complete admission process is likely to be held online without any offline procedures. Yet, no official notification has been made by the University of Delhi, and aspirants are eagerly waiting for the same. Every year, a huge number of students take admissions in the University of Delhi and they eagerly wait for the beginning of the admission process, the same being this year.