On 8th June, a fire broke inside the computer lab of Ram Lal Anand College of Delhi University. The Delhi Fire Services (DFS) was informed about the fire at 11:40 AM and they were able to control it by 12:25 PM.
Due to the lockdown, there weren’t many people present in the building and thus, no one was injured. According to the Principal of the college, Mr. Rakesh Gupta- 38 out of 40 computers were damaged due to the fire; and two rooms were absolutely on fire. The cause of the fire was identified to be short-circuiting in the air-conditioner. He further mentioned that the lab was opened by a staff member for cleaning purposes, who also turned the AC on.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.