On Sunday, when hundreds of aspirants were appearing the B.El.Ed entrance exam at an examination centre in Old Palam Road, fire broke out. There were about 300 people at the examination centre when this incident took place, 260 of them were aspirants appearing for the exam.
According to the Chief Fire Officer of Delhi Fire Services, Mr. Atul Garg, the fire started because of a short circuit in the electricity meter which later spread around the whole place through a wire. But the situation was under control within an hour and there was no harm to any of the 300 people as they escaped the premises on time.
The entrance exam has now been postponed with no date being decided yet. An inquiry in this matter is still going on since the fire fighting equipment failed to help when the fire broke out as they were out-dated.