On Sunday, when hundreds of aspirants were appearing the B.El.Ed entrance exam at an examination centre in Old Palam Road, fire broke out. There were about 300 people at the examination centre when this incident took place, 260 of them were aspirants appearing for the exam.
According to the Chief Fire Officer of Delhi Fire Services, Mr. Atul Garg, the fire started because of a short circuit in the electricity meter which later spread around the whole place through a wire. But the situation was under control within an hour and there was no harm to any of the 300 people as they escaped the premises on time.
The entrance exam has now been postponed with no date being decided yet. An inquiry in this matter is still going on since the fire fighting equipment failed to help when the fire broke out as they were out-dated.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.