India crosses over one lakh COVID-19 cases on May 19, with almost 4970 new cases in the past 24 hours.taking the tally to 1,01,139 cases and 3,163 fatalities. With the relaxation in lockdown, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued a set of guidelines for the prevention of pandemic spread in office and other workplaces.
With the opening up of private and government offices, the risk for the spread of coronavirus among officials, staff, and visitors has increased due to shared spaces such as corridors, elevators, parking space, cafeteria, meeting rooms, and conference halls. The infection can spread fast and can again lead to restrictions in lockdown.
The Ministry, however, has recommended certain measures for physical distancing. They are as follows:
- The distance of at least one metre to be followed at all times.
- Face covers/masks are mandatory.
- Frequent hand washing for at least 40-60 seconds is prescribed even when hands are not visibly dirty.
- The use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers for at least 20 seconds is suggested.
- Respiratory etiquette should be followed by covering one’s mouth and nose with tissue/ handkerchief/ flexed elbow while coughing, sneezing.
- Disposing of used tissues properly is a respiratory etiquette.
- Self-monitoring of health should be done by all and reports of any illness should be given at the earliest.
With these preventive measures, the risk of the mushrooming of coronavirus can be reduced and economic balance can elevate again. The officials and all the staff are requested to follow the guidelines strictly for health and benefit of themselves and of all.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.