On Monday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi responded to the Motion of Thanks on President Ram Nath Kovind’s address in Rajya Sabha saying that, “MSP was there. MSP is there. MSP will remain in the future.”
President Ram Nath Kovind made a special address on a statement of government policy that has to be approved by the Cabinet. Discussion on the matters referred to in the President’s Address took place on a motion of thanks moved by a member and seconded by another member. Therefore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi replied to this motion in the Rajya Sabha.
PM MODI’S SPEECH ON RAJYA SABHA, click here.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM PM MODI’S SPEECH
1. A new entity has come up in the country – ‘Andolan Jivi’. They can be spotted wherever there is a protest, be it agitation by lawyers, students, or laborers, explicitly or implicitly. They cannot live without ‘Andolan’, we have to identify them & protect the nation from them: PM Modi.
2. In the light of the recent Farmer Protest across the country, PM Modi responded that the country is proud of every Sikh; the language some people use for them will not benefit the nation. He asked people to identify ‘andolan jivi’ who are parasites, feasting on every agitation.
3. Indian forces have given an appropriate reply to misadventures on the border: PM Modi.
4. “The nation is making progress and we are talking about FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) but I see that a new FDI has come to the fore. We have to protect the nation from this new FDI. We need Foreign Direct Investment but the new FDI is ‘Foreign Destructive Ideology’, we have to protect ourselves from it.”, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
5. “India is very proud of the contribution of Sikhs. This is a community that has done so much for the nation. The words and blessings of the Guru Sahibs are precious. MSP was there. MSP is there. MSP will remain in the future. Affordable ration for the poor will continue. Mandis will be modernised”
PM Modi then spoke about the incidents that happened with Punjab in the past.” We mustn’t forget what happened with Punjab. It suffered the most during the partition. It cried the most during the 1984 riots. They became victims of the most painful incidents. Innocents were killed in J&K. Business of weapons was carried out in the northeast. All this affected the nation.”
6. Manmohan Ji is here, I’d read out his quote. Those taking a U-Turn (farm laws) will perhaps agree with him. “There are other rigidities because of marketing regime set up in the 1930s which prevent our farmers from selling their produce where they get the highest rate of return…”
“…It is our intention to remove all those handicaps which come in the way of India realizing its vast potential at one large common market.”: PM Narendra Modi in Rajya Sabha.
PM MODI ON FARMER LAWS
1. “NDA’s other schemes also help farmers. For example- the PMGSY. When the road connectivity improves, it enables the produce of the farmers to reach distant places. There are efforts like Kisan Rail too. The need of the hour is to improve the lives of the small farmers: PM Modi.”
2. “Since 2014 we have initiated changes in the agriculture sector aimed at empowering the farmer. The crop insurance scheme was changed to make it more farmer-friendly. The PM-KISAN scheme was also brought in. We are working for small farmers: PM.
Small farmers at the center of all our policies, schemes”, says PM.
3. Farm loan waivers do not benefit small farmers, says PM.
4. “We’ve forgotten the ideals of Netaji. We’ve started cursing ourselves. I sometimes get surprised, the world gives us a term & we start following it.”
5. “India is truly a land of opportunities. Several opportunities are awaiting us, so a nation which is young, full of enthusiasm & a nation that is making efforts to realize the dreams, with a resolve, will never let these opportunities simply pass by.”
6. “The eyes of the world are on India. There are expectations from India and there is the confidence that India will contribute to the betterment of our planet.”
PM Narendra Modi responded to the Motion of Thanks saying that the entire world is looking at India with huge hopes and expectations. He then expressed his gratitude and thanked all the Members of Parliament for expressing their views.
Click here to follow recent updates on The Farmer Protest.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.