The odd-even road rationing scheme is back in the town with the winter bells ringing in, and pollution on its peak!
So now we are again offered with well tested innovative and effective solution of odd- even road rationing by Delhi government. It is expected to bring down pollution by more than 15%. And hopefully this will be a great relief.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ODD-EVEN SCHEME
- It starts from Monday 4th
- It ends on Friday, 15th
- Applicable from 8am to 8pm.
- Women and two-wheelers are exempted under the scheme
- Cars with children in school uniform have also been exempted
- Violations to be booked under the Motor Vehicles Act, fine of Rupees 4000 liable
- App-based cab aggregators strictly warned against hiking price during this period
WHAT CAN WE DO?
- Contribute our bit 🙂
- Cooperate with the govt. at the first place by following the scheme
- Opt for public transport (bus, metro) as much as possible.
- Prefer car pool with friends, family, colleagues, (even with app based cab systems- this feature is available). It’s good for your pocket as well as environment.
- For covering short distances, use cycles or talk a walk. It’s good for your health as well as environment (but don’t forget to wear a mask).
This seems to be the last resort to tackle the menace created by us. Just think about it you, me, we all will have to live here, there no escape so why not contribute our bit to mitigate the problem.
So, let’s do it! Let’s make it a success for ourselves.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.