Being in capital, studying in the prestigious college of University of Delhi cannot be fulfilling when a student doesn’t know about the part time language courses offered by the best colleges of University of Delhi.There are various colleges both in North and South Campus who offer Part Time Certificate, Diploma and Advance Diploma courses in foreign languages.
“Knowledge of a foreign language offers increased opportunities for both employment and education.”
All part time diploma and certificate courses are conducted in collaboration with the Department of Germanic and Romance Studies and Department of East Asian Studies, University of Delhi.
Foreign language courses offered by the North Campus colleges of Delhi University-
1. Hans Raj College, MalkaGanj, Delhi
Diploma, Certificate and Advanced Diploma in French & German
2. St. Stephen’s College, University Enclave, Delhi
Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma in French, Spanish, German, Chinese and Japanese. Certificate and Diploma in Arabic, and Certificate in Persian.
3. Daulat Ram College, Maurice Nagar, Delhi
Certificate & Diploma in Chinese and Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma in French, Spanish, Italian, German, Korean and Japanese.
4. Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Pitampura, Delhi
Certificate in German & French
5. Miranda House, Delhi
Certificate in German, Spanish & French
6. Mata Sundari College, Mata Sundari Lane, Delhi
Certificate in Spanish, German & French
7. Satyawati College Ashok Vihar, Delhi
Certificate & Diploma in French and German.
8. Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Pitampura, Delhi
Certificate in French, German, Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
9. SGTB Khalsa College, Mall Road, Delhi
Certificate in Spanish, Russian, German, Korean, Chinese and Japanese.
10. Ramjas College, Maurice Nagar, Delhi
Certificate in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese & Chinese, Diploma in French, Japanese & Chinese and Advanced Diploma in French.
11. Hindu College, University of Delhi
Certificate in French, German, Spanish and Russian.
Foreign language courses offered by the South Campus Colleges of Delhi University-
1. Sri Venkateswara College, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi
Certificate in French, German, Spanish and Russian
2. College of Vocational Studies, Sheikh Sarai Phase-II, New Delhi
Certificate and Diploma in French & German
3. Jesus & Mary College Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
Certificate in French
4. Acharya Narendra Dev College Govindpuri, New Delhi
Certificate in Russian, Certificate & Diploma in French, Spanish and German & Advanced Diploma in Spanish.
5. Gargi College, Siri Fort Road, New Delhi
Certificate in German
6. Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Netaji Nagar, New Delhi
Certificate in French, German & Spanish and Diploma in Spanish & German.
7. Bharati College, Janakpuri, New Delhi
Certificate in Russian, French, Chinese & German and Diploma & Advanced Diploma in French & German.
NOTE : Every College issues a separate registration form for the part time language courses which can be filled offline or online.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCESS-
The eligibility criteria for the admission in Certificate, Diploma and Advance Diploma Courses differ from each other and are specified below:-
Eligibility for CERTIFICATE COURSE
- A student applying for a certificate course in foreign language must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 45%.
- The admission of certificate course is based on merit depending upon the percentage obtained in 10+2.
Eligibility for DIPLOMA COURSE
- A student applying for a diploma course in foreign language must have passed the certificate examination in same language.
- Admission is based on the merit depending upon the marks obtained in the certificate examination.
If a candidate having a language certificate of an institution other than Delhi University will be required to give an admission test.
Eligibility for ADVANCE DIPLOMA COURSE
- A student applying for the advance diploma course must have passed the diploma exam in the same language.
- Admission will be based on the merit depending upon the percentage obtained in the Diploma exam.
- Candidate having a Diploma from a different institute will be required to give an admission test for the same.
ADMISSION PROCESS FOR THE PART TIME LANGUAGE COURSE IN DELHI UNIVERSITY-
- Check the colleges offering the desired language to learn.
- Go through the whole information of language curriculum regarding duration, schedule, fees, eligibility and admission procedure so that it would be feasible to manage with the other courses.
- Before applying, make sure it does not clash with the main subject/course.
- Once applied, deposit all the required documents in the administration to avoid any kind of crisis at the last stage of admission.
Candidates aren’t permitted to do more than one part time course from the respective department in an academic year.
DURATION OF THE PART TIME COURSES-
- The duration of certificate course in all languages is 1 year in University of Delhi.
- The duration of diploma course in all languages is 1 year in University of Delhi.
- The duration of advance diploma course in all languages is 1 year in University of Delhi.
SOME IMPORTANT DETAILS:-
- Once you get enrolled in a part time language course, the classes will be scheduled either on weekdays or on weekends depending upon the college’s time table.
So, a student should keep in mind to choose a time which does not clash with the other subject/course.
- The candidate applying in the part time course should have passed 10+2 examination or any other equivalent system. The graduated candidates can also apply for the same.
- Minimum 67% attendance is required to get the admit card for the language examination at the end of the curriculum.
Once the student successfully passes the examination, he/she can get the certificate/diploma or advance diploma issued by the Department of Germanic and Romance Studies or Department of East Asian Studies, University of Delhi in the respective language and claims for the further study in that field.
Eventually, studying a foreign language really pays off in whatever field a student wants to go in. One could also opt a foreign language as a career in Multi National Companies, Embassies, International Marketing, Teacher, Linguistic Tour Guide and in many more. Learning a foreign language is a wise decision both in terms of increasing employment and for immigration. Moreover, there is nothing better than studying a new language in the cool environment of University of Delhi. Just grab the opportunity the university is providing and seize the moment by impressing the interviewers while they read about your language skill in your resume.
“Pull the strings, choose a right college and learn and earn to the fullest.”
Image Source – pickwriters.com
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.