Tis’ the season to be jolly again. Phew ! Really. With the heated up environment in the country, one would probably want to take a day off and chill with friends and family. Well, Christmas is the perfect time to do that. And obviously, why wouldn’t you be jolly? Markets, malls, and restaurants are lit up. Now, ideas for doing things during the Christmas holidays can be a head-scratcher because like every other festival season, there a lot of people to meet, lots of places to go to and very less time. Don’t you worry! We are at your service and will help you figure out or at least give you a perspective.
PLACES TO VISIT IN DELHI-
Delhi is the hub for parties, celebrations, and festivals. With Christmas bells ringing around the corner, anyone would want to make their celebrations a blast. Mentioned below is a list of places that you can visit to make your experience better and add on to the Christmas magic in the air.
- Hyatt Regency – The Biggest Christmas Family Carnival
- The Sacred Heart Cathedral – Midnight Mass Celebrations
- RSVP Nightclub – Christmas Carnival
- Taj City Centre – Luxurious Christmas Eve
- Sky Lounge – White Christmas Party
- Unplugged Courtyard – Christmas Buffet Lunch
- Lord Of The Drinks – Evil Santa Party
(SOURCE: Travel Triangle)
In addition to this, one can indulge themselves in a lot more things which include:
- Christmas shopping- No festival is complete without a teeny-tiny bit of shopping. And, if you desperately want to give a new touch to your house this Christmas, the markets are all lit up with lights, candles, garlands, ropings, ribbons, Christmas trees, its ornaments, tree-toppers and a lot of stuff. Some of the best places to go shopping in Delhi during Christmas are Khan Market, Promenade Mall (Vasant Kunj), Select Citywalk (Saket) and South Extension market. And if you happen to have a sweet tooth, you can buy Christmas cakes and puddings from Wengers (Connaught Place), Maison Des Deserts (Hauz Khas Village) and The Oberoi Patisserie and Delicatessen (Zakhir Hussein Marg).(Source: Makemytrip)
- Christmas roast- Basically if you are a foodie, you know how Christmas is incomplete without singing Christmas carols while enjoying traditional roasted turkey, grilled salmon, red wine and some rum-soaked Christmas cake. You can savor the exotic taste of the traditional Christmas eve dinner or Christmas Brunch at places like The Imperial Hotel and Olive Bar & Kitchen.
- Besides all these conventional things, you can indulge in donation drives for the poor and for animals too because, with the extremes of winters approaching and setting in properly, they also need some love and joy. So, go ahead and make somebody’s Christmas worthwhile this year !