“Control your emotions. DISCIPLINE your mind.”- PROFESSOR SeVerus snape
To all the Potterheads down there, this is a special article which will tell you what the Half-Blood Prince taught us and how he left a mark in our lives.
- Professor Severus Snape taught us that life isn’t fair. He taught us that in life, we may hope for something to happen, but it may not happen the way we want it. And so, we don’t need to make a big deal about how life is not being fair and we must just accept that everything happens for a reason.
- Snape taught us that in order to get better results, we all must learn to “control our emotions and discipline our minds.” This is because, one, emotions sometimes drive us all crazy and we divert from our target, and two, in order to be in a sound condition, we all must learn how to keep our minds in a disciplined state. Hence, Snape taught us that.
- The Half-Blood Prince taught us that mind is where all that resides. There is no doubt that Snape was a wise man and so he taught us that mind is a place where we all keep our deepest- darkest secrets, and so we must protect our mind.
- Snape taught us that we, humans are not perfect. Snape himself was not a perfect man. He lost the love of his life, Lily forever because of his own ideologies, he harassed the students he didn’t like (Harry, for instance) and let his bitterness stop him from reaching his true potential as a teacher.
- The professor of dark arts also taught us that loyalty means everything, and that is what matters the most. Snape was loyal to Lily, Harry and Dumbledore which in the end ensured the end of The-One-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
- In the end, Snape taught us that we can love people without they loving us back. As we know that Snape was in love with Lily, but she chose James over Snape, which broke him to the core. But this didn’t made Snape “unlove” Lily. In fact, his love grew stronger when his only motive was to protect Lily’s son, Harry from Voldemort.
In the end, it would be right to say that the Half-Blood Prince taught us some real lessons, which we could not have learned from the real world. Well, we all must have Snape in our lives, who could be there for us and protect us from The-One-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.