Controversial Indian Islamic preacher Zakir Naik‚Äôs hate speeches are reported to have inspired one of the five Bangladeshi terrorists involved in the Dhaka carnage and this is not the first time when something he did cost the world.Days after 20 hostages were killed in a cafe in Dhaka,the Maharashtra government has begun an inquiry against controversial preacher Zakir Naik,who has been accused of inspiring the gruesome deadly attack in Bangladesh.
Zakir Naik, whose sermons on television and online (Peace TV) draws large audiences across the world,inspired the young terrorist who opened fire on Friday night in a Dhaka cafe.In videos made available through his office he says he is “not shocked” that the Dhaka terrorists had cited him on social media in recent posts.”More than 90 per cent Bangladeshis know me, more than 50 per cent are my fans,” he said
The televangelist and preacher has been banned from entering the UK and Canada since 2010 for incendiary remarks that have a defence of Osama Bin Laden.He is among 16 banned Islamic scholars in Malaysia.And this is not the first time his speeches and teachings are inspiring people of extremist views and leading them to spread terror.
Whilst in India,Shiv¬†Sena lawmaker Arvind Sawant said he had written to the Union Home Minister demanding a ban on Mr Naik and Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) in the country’s interest.”People whose language propagates violence against nation’s unity should be banned” Mr Sawant said in the letter.
Some of his¬†controversial statements are –
- ‚ÄúEvery muslim should be a terrorist.‚Äù
- ‚ÄúSania Mirza should dress modestly while playing. No Indian politician would like to send his daughter to play beach volleyball even if it becomes an international sport.‚Äù
- ‚ÄúGirls shouldn’t be sent to schools where they lose their virginity by the time they pass out. Schools should be shut down. They should not be allowed to wear gold ornaments.‚Äù
- ‚ÄúWife-beating in the Muslim world is not necessarily a bad thing. Naik says the use of condom during sex is akin to killing a human being.‚Äù
- ‚Äúif women wear revealing clothes they have more chances of getting raped‚Äù
- Naik believes that ‚Äúhomosexuals should be killed‚Äù.
- ‚ÄúIt is a blatant , open secret that the attack on twin towers was done by George bush himself‚Äù
- Muslims should seek help only from Allah and no one else, not even the Prophet – a belief which supports the Sunni view.
- ‚ÄúDeath by stoning for having sex outside marriage is acceptable according to Sharia law.
- ‚ÄúMuslims have the right to have sex with their female slaves.‚Äù
If these statements don‚Äôt make your blood boil , I don‚Äôt know what would. We hope Government of India will ban the so called Islamic preacher soon because people like him are a threat to the society.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.