Campus Law Centre (CLC), Faculty of Law, University of Delhi is organizing the 2nd International Conference on International Investment Arbitration: Sustainability, Governance and Conflict.
Dates: 15th to 17th March 2020.
Venue: Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India – 110007.
The conference will witness many distinguished speakers including Prof. Jean-Marc Thouvenin, Secretary-General, Hague Academy of International Law, Marina Freire, Judge of Law, Brazil, Mr. M.K Rao, Secretary-General, Indian Society of International Law and many more.
Themes: The suggested Inter-Disciplinary themes for International Conference on International Investment Arbitration: Sustainability, Governance, and Conflict are as follows:
- Sustainability of International Investment Law and Investor-State Arbitration
- Human Rights and International Investment
- Environmental Protection and International Investment
- International Investment Arbitration and Governance
- Role of Public International Law in governing International Investment Law and Investor-State
- Role of International organizations such as UNCITRAL, ICSID etc. in the development of International Investment Arbitration
- Economic Crime and International Investment Law
- The Political Economy of the international investment law and arbitration
- Impact of GST and Indirect Taxes on International Investment
- GST for Charitable Trusts, Co-operatives and Banking, Government-Related Services
– Infra/Works Contract and Pure Services
- Conflict in International Investment Law and Investor-State Arbitration
- Existing Legal frameworks in India and Across: Their Shortcomings and Need for Reforms in the International Investment Legal Regime
- BITs and International Investment Arbitration
- Economics of the Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Future of International Investment Dispute Settlement Mechanism
- Impact of Insolvency on International Investment Arbitration
Eligibility: Any student, research scholar, academician or professional
- Long Articles: Between 8000 and 5000
- Essays: Between 5000 and 3000
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words.
- Abstract Submission: 3rd March =by 23:59
- Results of Abstract Submission: by 5th March 2020
- Full paper submission: 8th March 2020
Fee and other details:
- No registration fee
- Accommodation for the presenters (Non-Delhi-NCR participants) shall be provided
subject to availability
- Accommodation for attendees (Non-Delhi-NCR participants) shall be provided subject to availability
The attendees can register https://forms.gle/kbB23o2Mtkgnzmi79
The paper presenters can register and submit their abstracts https://forms.gle/KjQWr4fefy6XNmps7
The brochure can be accessed https://drive.google.com/file/d/110Y0wVhtsNy0ZnBj- yWxe_BetJp7tUDy/view
The call for papers can be accessed https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Y67dTiO_rj4bPwTxkf51oHxYRbTnTZS/view
- Kunal Saini:- +917006396308