“Voh Bhagat Singh ke side vala?” , welcome to CVS.
One of the eminent college of Delhi University, College of Vocational Studies was founded in 1972 with emphasis on vocational courses. A part of south campus and adjacent to Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, it is a co-educational college which offers the traditional courses and vocational courses under the same roof. The courses offered in College of Vocational Studies, popularly known as CVS are-
The seven vocational courses
- MMI-Management and Marketing of Insurance
- MMRB-Marketing Management and Retail Business
- Tourism Management
- OMSP-Office Management and Secretarial Practice
- SME-Small and Medium Entreperises
- HRM-Human Resource Management
- MM-Material Management.
The traditional courses offered are B.Com (Hons.), B.A. (Hons)History, B.A. (Hons)Economics, B.Sc(Hons)Computer Science and B.A.(Hons)Business Economics and introducing B.A.(Hons) English, B.A.(hons)Hindi and B.M.S with courses in French, Germans and Spanish Language and Post-Graduate diploma in Tourism and Book Publishing. L
CVS is constantly gaining popularity because of the active participation of it’s cultural as well academic society in various competitions in DU . These societies are-
- Zephyr -The Film and Photography Society
- Shaastartha-The Debating Society
- Dramanomics-The Dramatic Society
- Arpeggio-The Music Society
- Zest-The Western Dance Social
- Criador-The Fine Arts Society
- Manthan-The Fashion Society
- NSS-National Service Scheme
- The Finance and Investment Cell
- Mercadeo-The Marketing Society
- M.Soc-Management Society
- TEB-The Entrepreneurial Board
- Econox-The Economic Society
- Aspire-The Placement Cell
- The Time Travellers-The History Society
- Encrypt-The Technical Society
- Carvan-The Tourism Society
- Vociferous-Vocational Society
- The Green Brigade-Environment Society
- Aaghaz-Women Development Cell
CVS organises various fests and competitions while emphasising on security and discipline namely Tatva(annual cultural fest of CVS), Bizkrieg(the finance and investment competition ),Incendo(marketing fest),Invision(photography fest),Karvan(history fest),Runbhoomi(sports fest of BBE-BMS),Negocio(business plan competition),Bailando(the Western dance competition) and Manasvini(fest of women development cell). CVS also publishes it’s annual magazine, Vocana.
CVS consists of 2 buildings, one of which was completed in 2016 and one cultural wing for all the cultural societies. It shows its true nature of a central university with red buildings and greenery all around. It’s field is one of the biggest field of Du. It is amongst few colleges of delhi which maintains cleanliness and decorum. The library occupies two floors with air conditioning facilities and the campus has wifi connectivity. CVS offers placement in Abp news, NDTV , Genpact and American Express. The package offered to CVS students is among the popular packages in DU.
Connectivity & Hangout Places
The college has good connectivity with Malviya Nagar metro station of yellow line. Being located in South Delhi, students of this college has variety of options to hangout like Select City Walk and DLF place mall. Students’ favourite Hauz Khas, Greater Kailash Satya Niketan Market are also just a ride away.
CVS , one of the best colleges for vocational courses in Asia and was awarded CGPA 3.05 , A grade by NAAC in 2016 and is continously chosen by students for it’s variety of courses.