Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women is one of the best colleges of Delhi University. It is most noteworthy that it has been accredited by NAAC with ‚ÄúA‚Äù grade. In addition it is a DBT Star College.
Various courses offered at¬†Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women include-
o B.Sc. (H) Electronics
o B.Sc. (H) Instrumentation
o B.Sc. (H) Food Technology
o B.Sc. (H) Computer Science
o B.Sc. (H) Biomedical Science
o B.Sc. (H) Physics
o B.Sc. (H) Chemistry
o B.Sc. (H) Mathematics
o B.Sc. (H) Microbiology
o B.Sc. (H) Statistics
o B.Sc. (H) Biochemistry
o B.A. (H) Psychology
o Bachelor of Management Sciences
o Bachelor of Business Administration (FIA)
The campus is beautifully designed and spread over 8 acres of land . College has excellent infrastructure as well as well-equipped laboratories. Amphitheatre is one of the most beautiful architectural delights of the college where performances, open stage plays, band concerts, etc. are held.
The college has RFID enabled library. It has more than 20,000 printed books, 1,35,000 e-books, 11 printed journals, scientific encyclopedias and various periodicals.
Rain water harvesting system and sewage treatment plant are also installed in the campus.
Furthermore, sanitary vending machine has also been installed in the college recently.
Location and Ways to Reach College
The college is located in Vasundhara enclave, Delhi. Following are the bus routes that one can follow to reach the college by DTC/ Delhi Transit buses.
- Bus Route no. 319 that connects Shahdara to Noida Sec 43.
- Bus Route no. 33 that connects Bhajanpura to Noida Sec 43.
- Bus Route no. 211 that connects Mori Gate to Mayur Vihar Phase-3.
- Bus Route no. 206A that connects Bhajanpura to Mayur Vihar Phase-3.
- Bus Route no. 611 that connects Mori Gate to Mayur Vihar Phase-3.
The ones coming by metro can deboard at New Ashok Nagar metro station (blue line). Furthermore, E-rickshaws are always easily available to reach the college from the metro station.
Societies and Clubs
The college has various societies that help students to utilize and hence, enhance their skills. These societies include-
o Ahaarya– The Western dance society.
o Glamfire– The Fashion society.
o Mukhauta– The Dramatics society.
o Shuffleshots– The Photography society.
o Inklings– The Literary society.
o Elvira– The Fine arts society.
o Philyra– The Music society.
The college has three clubs that include- Robotics club, Movie club and Eco club.
In addition, the college also has Entrepreneurship Development cell which was inaugurated in 2015.
Fest and Events
Diwali mela is organised every year with great enthusiasm and is one of the most awaited events.
Karvaan is the annual cultural fest of the college. Celebrities like Hardy Sandhu, Jassi Gill, Babbal Rai, Shivai Vyas and Akhil have been the performers during star night at Karvaan since 2016.
Besides these, each department holds its own departmental fest. Various fun activities like quizzes, treasure hunt, games are held by different departments.
- The college caters three out of six popular DU couses viz.- B.Sc. (H) Food Technology, B.Sc. (H) Computer Science and B.A. (H) Psychology.
- Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women secured 4th position in DU inter-college (Women) chess tournament 2017-2018.
- The college holds top 7 scorers amongst top 15 scorers of DU for B.Sc. (H) Biochemistry (1st semester).