The Delhi High Court, on Friday, gave its nod to the University of Delhi for conducting Open Book Exams (OBE) for final year students adhering to the guidelines. The exams will be conducted as per schedule starting from August 10, 2020 (Monday).
A bench led by Justice Pratibha M. Singh announces the order while directing the University and UGC to adhere to the guidelines stated in the order. “I wish the students and Delhi University all the best for the exams,” said Justice Singh.
The court passed the verdict on a petition filed by DU students challenging the University’s decision to hold OBE. Several students have argued that it is discriminatory due to lack of access to the internet and other resources required. Petitioners also had concerns regarding DU’s preparedness to conduct the online examinations. But the varsity has opposed the petition claiming OBE to be the best option during the coronavirus outbreak.
The order includes the following guidelines to DU:
- All the question papers will be made available on the portal and sent to students via email.
- The varsity will send an auto-generated confirmation email to confirm the receipt of the answer sheets.
- Students are to be given an extra hour to upload the answer sheet.
- There is an obligation to publish all the details of the Nodal Officer and Central Email ID.
- Grievance Committee will be reconstituted under the guidance of Retd. Justice Pratibha Rani. And it will function until the OBE continues and would address all the complaints within 5 days.
- The Grievance Officer will be addressing the complaints and concerns of the students.
All those students who would be left out of online exams can apply for physical examinations speculated to be held in September.
Tap DU EXPRESS to read Court hearings on DU OBEs.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.