Delhi University has released compiled list of cutoff for admission to various colleges of the university.
A total of 2,50,220 students have applied in Delhi University.For the first time,the number of applications to Delhi University undergraduate courses has seen a dip.This year,a total of 2,50,220 applications were received as compared to last year’s 2,91,819 applications.English (Hons) was the most popular course this year as well,crossing more than 1.15 Lakh applications.
Check the whole list at : http://du.ac.in/du/uploads/Admissions/Cut-off/2016/First/290620161st_Cut_Off_DU_1.pdf
Got Admission,Now What To Do?
You’ve cleared the cutoff at your favorite college and now you must be anxious to know how to get admission.Here is your step-by-step guide for admissions 2016.
1. The applicant is supposed to log on to DU website http://du.ac.in/du/ and the respective college websites for the cutoffs of various courses. Following are the dates when the cutoffs will be out-
1st cutoff- June 30,2016
2nd cutoff- July 5, 2016
3rd cutoff- July 11, 2016
4th cutoff- July 15, 2016
5th cutoff- July 20, 2016
2. The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should login to the UG Admission Portal using their registered email id and password and select the college/course where they wish to take admission and meet the desired cut-off criterion.
3. The applicants should then take a printout of the Admission Form and collect all the necessary documents and rush to the college where they wish to seek admission for verification of marksheet and other documents. Following documents will be required-
Class X Board Examination Certificate
Class X Marks-Sheet
Class XII Marks-Sheet
Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
Character Certificate (recent)
SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by competent authority
Transfer Certificate from school / college as well as Migration Certificate from Board / University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi
At least two passport size self-attested photographs.
Original Copy Of Registration Form
4. Once the certificates are verified, they will be deposited with the college in order to avoid multiple admissions by an applicant.
5. The college will now approve the applicant’s admission on the UG Admission Portal. Once this is done, the applicant shall login to the admission portal to pay the admission fee through the available options.
6. An applicant can pay the fee till 12 noon of the next day of the given admission list deadline. Admission process is considered complete only after the payment of fee within the time limit.
A PIECE OF ADVICE- Do not wait for the last day for the payment of fee. The earlier, the better.
Note- The colleges will return the documents in case an applicant withdraws/ cancels the admission or wishes to appear for a counselling in any other university/institution.
Disclaimer-Above information has been taken from DU’s website and DU Express won’t be held responsible in case the information is found to be incorrect.
Link of DU Circular : http://du.ac.in/du/index.php?page=ImpMsgUG
ALSO READ-Delhi University Colleges : Nearest Metro Stations
Important Points For Admission Day-
Take admission wherever you’re getting,reserve a seat now,you always have the option of shifting to a better college in subsequent cutoffs.
Don’t go for college.Its always advisable to go for the course you want to pursue instead of going for a popular college.Because in the end its all about what you’ve studied,not where you’ve studied.If you’re getting a good college and your choice of course GREAT,but if not then never compromise on your course,until and unless you just want to enjoy 3 years of college and you aren’t a career oriented person.
You can withdraw admission from one college and take admission in another college in subsequent cutoffs provided you’re matching the cutoff in the second college. You’ve to cancel your admission in the first college,withdraw your original documents and take admission into second college,ALL THIS WITHIN 3 DAYS & ITS NOT A TOUGH JOB SO DON’T WORRY.
No admission will be allowed after 3 days. You’ve got 3 days to take admission when a cutoff is announced and on the 4th day that cut off wont be valid anymore.