DU Admissions 2018 :¬†The¬†best of four % will be determined on the basis of one language and three best academic/elective subjects from LIST A.
Out of three academic/elective subject chosen,one must be the concerned subject in which the admission is sought.If this criteria¬†isn’t fulfilled then a deduction of 2.5% on the best of four % calculated will be levied.
Also note :¬†
1. If an applicant doesn‚Äòt include the subjects given in LIST A for calculation of best of four % then a deduction of 2.5% of maximum marks will be levied for each subject.
ii. All subjects to be included in the calculation of Ã≥Best Four‚Äòmust have at least 70% theory component of ex.In case the subjects¬†don’t have a70% theory and 30% practical component, then the marks of theory and practical will be converted to 70% and 30%, respectively on pro rata basis which would be used for calculation.
[table id=8 /]
Other points to be noted :
- Mass Media Studies will be treated as an academic subject for the purpose of admission only to B.A. (Hons.) Journalism (Hindi/ English).
- In case an applicant has studied elective and core languages, the core/elective language subject will be treated as language,while elective language can be considered as academic/music elective subject.
- Admission to B.A. (Hons.) Applied Psychology will be based on the best of four % calculated for B.A. (Hons.) Psychology.
- Admission to B.A. (Hons.) Social Work and B.A. (Hons.) Philosophy will be based on best of four % including one language and three academic/elective subjects as per the above procedure.
- The applicants must have studied and passed Mathematics in Class 12th for admission to B.A. (Honours) in Economics.
Guidelines for Honours in a language course-
- For admission to Honours in any language programme, advantage of 2% in the Ã≥Best Four‚Äò percentage will be given to those applicants who have studied that particular elective¬†language.
- In case, an applicant has not studied a language in class 12th and is seeking admission¬†to Honours in that language (except for¬†Hindi & English),a. deduction of 5% will be imposed on best of four %.
- For admission to Honours in English and Hindi,the applicant must have studied and passed the respective language in Class 12th ¬†and should include respective language for calculation of best of four %.