While Delhi University’s registration process for the admissions is likely to begin from June 8 till June 30, the admissions for the first cutoff list for the undergraduate courses is likely in mid- August.
The Head of the University’s Admission department said that the entire admission process for various undergraduate, postgraduate, M.phil and PhD programmes will be entirely online this year.
- The admission wil be administered through the online admission portal.
- According to a tentative schedule for the session 2020-21, online registration portal for admission to undergraduate courses will be re-opened between july 31 and August 9 for students to update their class 12th marks.
- There will be no offline admissions and students will not be called immediately to the colleges for verification og the certificates for the completion of process like before.
- The colleges will verify the documents online to complete the admission process to avoid mass gathering of students in the view of COVID19.
- The physical verification of certificates will be done whenever the classes begin.
- For the 12 entrance based undergraduate courses, the entrance exams will be held tentatively between july 27 and August 10. these courses include BA (Hon) in Business Economics, bachelor of management studies, bachelor of elementary education, bachelor of business administration, and BA (Hons in multimedia and mass communication among others.
- The entrance exams for the postgraduate courses, M Phil and PhD are also likely to be held at the same time.
For registration the candidates have to apply for admission by creating an account on the universitie’s online portal available on www.du.ac.in , the official website of Delhi University.
The candidates will have to upload their details, marksheets and certificates on the portal and apply for the desired courses and complete the process by paying the registration fee. Once the cuttoff is declared, the applicants can login to the portal and check which all courses and colleges they are eligible for.
However for the first time, the applicants will not have to report to the colleges for the completion of admission process, the following process will be carried out in place of that as stated the draft of admission bulletin shared with standing members:
- The colleges will verify the documents uploaded by the applicant for required eligibility and cutoff
- The course in-charge will verify minimum required qualification for admission to that purticular course.
- Convenor of admission will recheck and approve or decline the admissions and then principals will give final approval or rejection.
- Once the principal has approved admissions the applicant will recieve a link on their dashboard on the portal through which they will have to submit their college fees within 24 hours failing which the admission will automatically be cancelled.
However several faulty members raised concerns over the admission process being entirely online keeping in mind the concern that many students applying at DU belong to economically weaker sections of the society and do not have access to devices and internet therefore, it should be ensured that all the eligible and interested students should not face any difficulty in the process.
However the final decision on dates and other is yet to be taken by the university and for the the entrance based exams the dates and modalities will be announced specificaly by the national Test Agency in the coming weeks. The protocols for admissions under sports quota and extra curricular activities ( ECA ) quota are still yet to be decided upon.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.