After the arduous task of getting admitted in a college of Delhi University, finding a suitable accommodation is bound to get you rolling in the summer heat again. Hostels have forever been a lucrative alternative, but the seats are very restrained in number. PG is the next best option you have (since renting a flat gets a backseat due to burgeoning household burden). As you would want to make the most out of your freshman year in the University, make sure you make the PG hunting right.
Keep in mind the following pointers before you rush down to look for your home for a year (at least):
- Since you are new in the city, involving a dealer is always a good option. You might as well come across advertisements and various people selling business cards outside college and the adjoining areas.
- Never ever settle down for the first PG you see. A survey will acquaint you with a plethora of options and a fool-proof analysis.
- Make sure there is a market nearby since you don‚Äôt want to travel miles for a packet of chips.
- Calculate the distance between college and your PG. Enquire about the availability of Rickshaws in your locality if the college is a bit too far.
- While you survey your PG, indulge in an informal conversation with the people already living there. The quality of food (if the PG offers) and the temperament of the warden is something you should enquire of.
- A roommate can contribute a lot to make your life in Delhi a yay-yay or a nay-nay. You can try and extract some basic details about your roommate from the owners.
- It is always advised that you come a little early and settle down in the new surroundings before you venture into the first day of your college. You want to do everything step-by-step because there is already too much happening in your life. Ain‚Äôt it?
Here are the possible locations where you set your foot for a suitable home:
North Delhi: Kamala Nagar, Vijay Nagar, Hudson Lane. Kingsway Camp.
South Delhi: Satya Niketan, Anand Niketan, South ex, Saket, Dhaula Kuan
West and East Delhi: Laxmi Nagar, Subhash Nagar, Janakpuri, Dwarka