About the Competition
Model United Nation (MUN) is an academic stimulation of the United Nations that aims to educate participants about historical and current global issues and crises as they would be addressed by the United Nations.
Participants at MAIMS 1st International MUN conference are assigned a country within a certain committee prior to the conference. Students must prepare for by researching the issue for debate. Greater cultural awareness is therefore encouraged, as delegates represent the views of their assigned country. Through the MUN experience, students greatly improve their researching, debating and presentation skills.
The objectives are:
- To facilitate learning through practical experience.
- To equip the students with leadership skills.
- To enable students to learn and improve through valuable guidance and feedback of learned professionals and experts of legal field.
- To develop universally acceptable proposals to solve some of the pressing global issues including poverty, health, energy & education, conflict, wildlife & conservation, climate change, imbalanced trade among others.
Date and Venue
The MAIMS International Model United Nations, 2021 will be held on 27th-28th Feb 2021 virtually over Google Meet. It will be two–day event as the event is going international.
Committees & Agendas
- ALL INDIA POLITICAL PARTY MEETS (AIPPM)
Deliberation on the Farm Laws with special emphasis on Farmers Protest.
- UNITED NATION COMMISSION ON STATUS OF WOMEN (UNCSW)
Deliberation of the Reproductive Health of Women with special emphasis on Abortion.
- UNITED NATION SECURITY COUNCIL (UNSC)
Discussing upon the Global Weapon of Mass Destruction situation with special emphasis on Biological Weapon.
- UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL(UNHRC)
Prohibition of Human Trafficking
Who can enroll?
School students – 9th grade onwards
(Anyone from any field, Age no bar, the applicants can be from all over the world)
1. Assured Rs. 5000 (Indian Currency)/ $68 USD as a Cash prize for the Best Delegate.
2. Free subscription of SCC Online to the Best Delegate.
3. Trophy for Best Delegate and High commendation award winner.
4. E-Plaque + E-Merit Certificate to all the winners.
5. E-Participation certificate to all the delegates.
1. Recommendation letter for all the participants.
2. Free Training Session with an experienced and amazing Executive Board.
3. Get to hear from the Amazing Chief Guests.
REGISTER AT: https://linktr.ee/Maimsmun
PAYMENT LINK: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1no8AmSKAhGZ-HXPDc42NQ9gfjtu8DpDFSr86KDIjLuE/viewform?edit_requested=true
For any further queries, kindly contact us via email at email@example.com, or contact:
USG Delegate Affairs