Delhi University’s Registration for Admission 2016 is over and most of you would be anxious to know how to go about the admission procedure once the cutoffs are out. Here is your step-by-step guide for admissions 2016.
1. The applicant is supposed to log on to DU website http://du.ac.in/du/ and the respective college websites for the cutoffs of various courses. Following are the dates when the cutoffs will be out-
- 1st cutoff- June 30,2016
- 2nd cutoff- July 5, 2016
- 3rd cutoff- July 11, 2016
- 4th cutoff- July 15, 2016
- 5th cutoff- July 20, 2016
2. The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should login to the UG Admission Portal using their registered email id and password and select the college/course where they wish to take admission and meet the desired cut-off criterion.
3. The applicants should then take a printout of the Admission Form and collect all the necessary documents and rush to the college where they wish to seek admission for verification of marksheet and other documents. Following documents will be required-
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marks-Sheet
- Class XII Marks-Sheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school / college as well as Migration Certificate from Board / University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi
- At least two passport size self-attested photographs.
4. Once the certificates are verified, they will be deposited with the college in order to avoid multiple admissions by an applicant.
5. The college will now approve the applicant’s admission on the UG Admission Portal. Once this is done, the applicant shall login to the admission portal to pay the admission fee through the available options.
6. An applicant can pay the fee till 12 noon of the next day of the given admission list deadline. Admission process is considered complete only after the payment of fee within the time limit.
A PIECE OF ADVICE- Do not wait for the last day for the payment of fee. The earlier, the better.
Note- The colleges will return the documents in case an applicant withdraws/ cancels the admission or wishes to appear for a counselling in any other university/institution.
Picture Credits- India Today