The death toll due to COVID-19 has been on a rise in India. The National Disaster Management Authority advised that lockdown measures need to be taken for another 14 days. The NDMA exercised its power to direct all ministries and departments of the Government of India to issue a Lockdown 4.0. Modifications were made by the Home Ministry to continue the implementation of lockdown measures while opening up economic activities.
In a recent order, the Ministry of Home Affairs has issued guidelines to be followed for the fourth phase of nationwide lockdown. The lockdown has been extended by the Centre for two more weeks until 31st May. Here is a summary of restrictions to be imposed/lifted:
- Starting Monday, services like barbershops, salons, shopping complexes, and markets can be opened.
- Domestic flights, international flights, educational institutions, hotels, and other hospitality services will remain shut.
- Inter-state movement of buses and passenger vehicles will be allowed based on the consent of various states.
- Persons with morbidities, pregnant women, and senior citizens shall stay indoors.
- Movement of individuals will remain prohibited between 7 pm and 7 am.
- Greater freedom will be given to states to decide which zones are Red, Green, or Orange.
- In containment zones, only essential activities will be allowed. No movement will be allowed in or out of these zones, except medical emergencies.
- Metro rail services will remain prohibited.
- All gyms, malls, cinema halls, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, large gathering places will remain shut.
- Sports complexes and stadia are allowed to open without spectators.
- All places of worship will remain closed
The total number of infection cases rose to 90,217 on the 54th day of nationwide lockdown. These numbers surpass China’s tally and hence, it’s apt for the lockdown to extend.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.