The National Education Policy or NEP was implemented by the Central Government this year. Keeping this new policy in mind, Delhi University has formed a NEP Committee for smooth implementation of the policy. The news of the committee being formed arrived on the 28th of September. The National Education Policy was implemented on the 29th of July, 2020 and brought several reforms which were absolutely new. This policy was drafted by a board that was headed by K Kasturirangan.
Keeping in step with these reforms, Delhi University formed a committee to make some major changes and take measures. The NEP Committee consists of thirty members. The chairman of the committee is Vivek Suneja of Faculty of Management Studies. Additionally, there are principals from some prominent Delhi University colleges like Jatinder Bir Singh of Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, S. P Agarwal of Ramanujan College, Suman Sharma of Lady Shri Ram College and John Varghese of St. Stephen’s College among many others.
The NEP Committee will be responsible for making policies keeping in mind the following reference points:
- The Committee will be responsible for suggesting administrative and financial implication in implementation of NEP.
- The Committee will be responsible for suggesting relevant changes to be initiated in the existing syllabus. Furthermore, the Committee will also suggest a timeline for the adoption of such changes.
- The Committee will be responsible for suggesting instruments for integrating and formalising “implied activities” as mentioned in the NEP
- The Committee will further assess changes that will be required due to the adoption of NEP. These changes will occur in the system of examinations and student intake. The changes will occur across regular as well as open learning and non-collegiate levels.
- The Committee will suggest ways to engage with the stakeholders.
The New Education Policy was released after thirty-four years and will have an overarching impact on education at all levels.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.