Surajkund International Craft Mela,the 15-day carnival has started from Wednesday amid tight security.¬†The largest craft fair in the world is all set to rock Haryana. The Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Cultural and External Affairs had organised the 31st Surajkund International Craft Mela 2017 in Faridabaad. It is one of the kind annual craft mela that showcase the richness of handicrafts, handlooms and traditions of India.The curtains are already raised up for one of the most awaited fair of the world,on the very 1st day of February 2017. More than a million visitors from all around the world will experience the colors of ‘The Great Indian Culture’.
Highlights of Surajkund Mela 2017:-
This is the 31st edition of Surajkund Mela and the year 2017 has been dedicated to the theme of Jharkhand state. The state, whose land is rich in minerals and the art flows in the blood of its artists.¬†From Dokra art to Madhubani panting, Chhau dance to its music all are derived from the state of Jharkhand only.
- Cultural programs
- Handlooms and Handicrafts of various states
- Amusement and adventure activities
- Foods from all over India as well as abroad
- Spread over 40.5 acres
- 1,010 work huts for craftspersons
- Multi-cuisine food court consisting of 36 food stalls
- And much more
Things You Love to Know:-
- 50% discount on entry tickets for senior citizens, ex- servicemen, differently abled person and soldiers.
- 50% rebate on the entry tickets on weekdays for college students and school students with valid id card.
- A VIP dining space has also been decorated in the mela ground.
- Parking area space has been increased.
- Golf Cart and e- rickshaws will also be available on the request in Surajkund mela.
- 2017 Surajkund mela has completely banned the plastic bags.
- E-toilets have also been made in the premises of the Surajkund mela.
- RO systems have been installed for the safe drinking water.
Date: 1st- 15th February 2017.
Time: 10:30 AM to 8:30 PM.
Venue: Surjakund Mela Ground, Faridabad, Haryana.
Ticket price: Rs. 100 to Rs. 150
Surajkund Mela 2017 is something that should not be missed. The 2017 theme of Jharkand at this International Crafts Mela is a must visit. The mela offers a vast variety of entertainment along with the knowledge of the culture and tradition of different states of India.