During this lockdown, we all have been eager to try something new every day. It may be learning new skills or just practising those which we were not able to, due to time constraints.
I have always been the kind of person who has never had an interest in cooking. Whenever I entered the kitchen, it was either for drinking water or taking some snacks. I never went to cook. However, this lockdown has pushed me hard to try some cooking. The first thing that I cooked was pizza with a lot of vegetable toppings. So, without further ado, let us see have a look at the recipe.
- Pizza base -1
- Capsicum – 1 (medium-sized)
- Onion – 1 (medium-sized)
- Tomato – 1 (medium-sized)
- Mushrooms – 3-4 (small)
- Mozzarella cheese – 1 packet
- Cheese slices – 4-5
- Red chilli sauce/ Pizza Sauce/ Tomato Sauce (optional)
- Chilli flakes
- Oregano / Pizza Seasoning
- Chop all the vegetables in small pieces and keep them separately.
- Boil the mushrooms for 5 minutes approximately.
- Till then, start spreading red chilli sauce on the pizza base. Remember, applying sauce is optional. (I have made pizza with and without sauce. Both of them tasted pretty good.)
- Now put the cheese slices. Again, a variation that can be done over here- instead of applying sauce on the base, you can spread it over the neatly placed cheese slices.
- Now put the finely chopped vegetables on the base neatly. Ensure that the whole pizza is evenly covered with the veggies.
- By this time, the mushrooms would have boiled and acquired a brownish colour. Remove the stalk and cut the cap in small pieces, spreading it across the pizza.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese on the pizza. The quantity of the cheese to be put completely depends on your love for cheese.
- Take a kadhai (wok) and put 3 cups of salt in it. Place a stand on it. Over that, keep a plate and place the pizza on that. Put a lid on it.
- Now, wait for 10 minutes (It does become difficult to wait!). Cook it on a medium flame.
- Check whether the base has cooked and acquired a brownish hue. If it is not cooked, keep it for another 5 minutes.
- For the final step, put chilli flakes and oregano/pizza seasonings on it.
- Your pizza is ready to eat!
This was the recipe that I used and my family absolutely loved it. I am sure you will like it too. This was ‘my first ever dish’ and it turned out to be quite delicious. I hope you will also enjoy it.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.