We all must have noticed that whenever someone says, “timetables”, we all form an image of school or college timetable. But, you know what ? Timetables are now very much required in our daily life as well.
This is because timetables serve us with a lot of benefits, such as :
- It makes us more efficient – It is evident that when we have a set routine to follow, it reduces the need to make decisions. And therefore, when our activities become standardised, we become more efficient.
- It Saves time, the most valuable thing on planet – When we have a schedule to follow, we have save our time eventually because then we don’t have to spend time on planning and decision-making.
- It makes us more proficient – When we have a routine to follow, we eventually start doing things in a smart and thorough way because we are doing it regularly but in a systemised manner.
- It reduces procrastination – It is true that when we have a set of tasks and activities in our schedule, it reduces the chance of procrastinating while doing them.
- It builds confidence – When we adhere to a routine and stick with it, it helps build self confidence and hence, gives us a sense of tremendous satisfaction as we are able to complete all our tasks on time.
- Frees up our time – Following a schedule provides us with more free time. This is because a particular task is assigned for a particular time period and hence, extra time is not required here and so it is saved.
Hence, we surely need timetables in our lives because it creates a structure and provides us with a framework. In fact, timetables also reduces stress and facilitate relaxation as we do not have to think and worry about what needs to get done as we already have a “plan”.
So, start your own routine with this new day!