DU Exams 2020 : Delhi University’s History Department Says No To Open Book Exams

- Advertisement -

DU Exams 2020: Ever since the proposal for Open Book Examination for DU was offered by the Dean of Examinations, DU students and teachers have been left in a tizzy. While the DU students have held online campaigns against the suggestion of Online exams, DUTA has even written a letter to oppose the same.
The Department of History, DU has decided to support the decision of saying no to this idea and written a letter to DU Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Tyagi. Previously, The Departments of Sociology and Economics have also refused to accept Open Book Exams. Certain suggestions and alternatives were given by these departments.

A meeting was held by the History Department’s Combined Committee of Courses (CoC) for PG, UG, and program cases on May 19, via Zoom. It was noted in the meeting that a lot of students were dealing with network-related problems which could become an issue while sitting for an online exam. Most students have expressed their concern over offline/online Open Book Examinations as they do not have the requisite reading material to prepare from.

- Advertisement -

An alternative method of grading was suggested by the CoC. For the sixth semester’s student the average marks of the 5 semesters could account for 75% of the marks of the sixth semester. The rest 25% would be the internal evaluation score for the final semester.

- Advertisement -

For PG students in the fourth semester, 75% of the marks could come from the average of the previous three semesters while 25% could be fourth semester’s internal evaluation based score.

- Advertisement -

CoC has also mentioned that additional time should be provided to students who couldn’t submit their assignments on time.

Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.

Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.

- Advertisement -
Anamika Ghai
I'm from Chandigarh, currently settled in Delhi, for my university. The pollution got the best of me, but I try.

Similar Articles

Advertisment

Stay Connected

87,746FansLike
50,200FollowersFollow
1,807FollowersFollow

Most Popular

AISA, SFI Submit Memorandum Asking DU To Reopen Colleges

The Students' Federation of India (SFI) and the All India Students' Association (AISA) demanded reopening of colleges in Delhi University. They held a protest...

Guide to Internships for Freshers

Making way to one of the most prestigious universities is only the first step towards the journey that awaits you. During the course of...

DU Colleges Reopening Soon with Safety Measures

After all security-related arrangements due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Delhi (DU) is going to open soon. DU has issued a guideline...