Over the years, the scope of education in India has significantly expanded. The prevalence of top-quality education is evident in nearly every corner of the country, be it the North, South, West, or East. Delhi and Mumbai are not only the two biggest cities in stature but in terms of educational facilities as well. Below explained are the pros and cons to consider for students interested in the avenues of fashion, design, and media – before choosing a city to pursue their career in.
Delhi: Pros –
- The cultural richness of the city – Delhi is home to individuals ranging from a variety of states and regions. Cultural Diversity is abundant, allowing students to learn and grow in aspects apart from academics as well. This characteristic of the city broadens the personality and attitude of individuals. The city also possesses traditional and historic heritage sites in the form of Qutab Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, among others.
- Thriving education industry – The sheer number of educational bodies and institutes make Delhi an attractive option for students. There are cultural competitions and inter-college events arranged by nearly every institute in the region. Delhi is a platform for a host of different businesses, be it fashion, theatre, art, or even corporate MNC’s.
- Ease of connectivity and transport – The comprehensive metro rail system in Delhi has been lauded worldwide for its efficiency, safety, and cleanliness. It is extremely cost-effective for students who need to travel long distances on a daily basis. Delhi NCR includes the growing areas of Gurgaon and Noida. Gurgaon is home to corporate giants and MNC’s who have established their headquarters there, while all fashion and media houses are in Noida.
Mumbai: Pros –
- Creative hub of India – Mumbai is considered to be the creative capital and hub of the country by most. The city is bursting with creativity and innovation in the channels of fashion, media, and design. The people of Mumbai have always been more inclined towards the artistic and aesthetic aspect of life – and that shows with the prevalence of industries like filmmaking and fashion in the city.
- Safety along with vibrant youth culture – Mumbai is positively known for being an extremely safe city for young women. There is a large population of youngsters in the city which sets the vibe and essence of the city. The city is open till early hours of the morning, making it an excellent option for students who are planning to shift out of their hometown.
- Favourable weather conditions – Mumbai has a moderate and tropical climate, which makes it a popular choice for students all around the globe. Neither too hot nor too cold, it is easy for all types of students to seamlessly adapt in the city.
An institute which can perfectly launch a student’s career across both these cities is Pearl Academy. The academy has established its presence in the country by providing students with valuable industry insights and international exposure. While both campuses can be considered as attractive options to pursue a career in, due to the stature as the largest metropolitan cities in the country, Mumbai slightly edges Delhi as the top option. The city is energetic and youthful and tailor-made for students. It has honed some of the most lucrative industries of the country such as media, fashion, and design – areas which are considered to be Pearl Academy’s expertise.