-Bonjour Foodies! We are back again with a scrumptious savory. Tell me who doesn’t love Chocolate and I will judge that person. I know we are all fond of eating chocolates- dark, milk, homemade, branded- any type and we are eating it. Chocolate equals happiness and I know ya’ all will agree to this. You add chocolate to something and it tastes heavenly- that is the power, my friend, of chocolate.
And what happens when it’s a combination of two sumptuous foods – chocolate and ice-cream. Tell me you didn’t dream it right now. And here I am to fulfill the craving that, I bet, each one of you has had during this period when you are inside your homes. Let us know what we can actually do to make this ice-cream dream possible without stepping out of the “lakshman rekha” of our house.
Chocolate Banana Ice-cream:
Servings – 14 scoops approx.
List of Ingredients:
For Ice- cream:
Ripe Bananas – 4 nos.
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
( Drinking Chocolate Powder/ Bournvita)
Coffee – ½ tsp
Sugar – to taste
Fresh Cream or Malai – 1 tbsp
Garnishing the ice-cream:
Chocolate shavings – a handful for garnishing
Chopped Almonds – For Garnishing
- Peel and cut all the bananas into big pieces. Freeze them for almost 2 hours or until they are almost as hard as ice.
- Take the bananas out and slide them into a mixer jar.
- Now add your cocoa powder (or Drinking Chocolate Powder/ Bournvita), Coffee, and fresh cream or Malai.
- Give it a nice blend. Do not blend too much.
- Add granulated or powdered sugar if necessary.
- Now blend it into a thick consistency paste.
- Transfer your thick batter like ice-cream into an airtight container and freeze it for 6-7 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and almonds and serve it chilled in your favorite ice-cream bowl.
Additional Steps for a creamier texture: (Optional)
- After your ice-cream is frozen, take it out and put it in a mixer jar again.
- Give it a nice blend until it turns smooth.
- Now, again transfer it to the same container and freeze it properly for 4-5 hours.
- Now Garnish and serve it chilled.
These steps are completely optional and the ice-cream tastes equally heavenly if you do not follow these. I have tried both the versions and both taste luscious.
For a perfect ice-cream :
- Bananas should be properly ripe.
- If you wish to suppress the flavor of bananas in your dessert, you can add additional chocolate and additional malai.
- For a perfectly creamy ice-cream, you can follow the additional steps if you are patient enough to wait.
- Add sugar only if necessary.
I can very precisely imagine what you all are feeling when reading this. As delicious as it sounds, it is equally delicious in taste plus a healthier version of a normal ice-cream. Go, run to your kitchens, ask your moms for all the stuff, and prepare this. I can feel the taste in my mouth while writing the recipe. Why wait when you can make your own ice-cream and enjoy them?
Try this and stay tuned for more such savories on ‘The Taste Palate’.
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.