-Bonjour Foodies! We are back again with a scrumptious savory. Tell me who doesn’t love Chocolate and I will judge that person. I know we are all fond of eating chocolates- dark, milk, homemade, branded- any type and we are eating it. Chocolate equals happiness and I know ya’ all will agree to this. You add chocolate to something and it tastes heavenly- that is the power, my friend, of chocolate.
And what happens when it’s a combination of two sumptuous foods – chocolate and ice-cream. Tell me you didn’t dream it right now. And here I am to fulfill the craving that, I bet, each one of you has had during this period when you are inside your homes. Let us know what we can actually do to make this ice-cream dream possible without stepping out of the “lakshman rekha” of our house.
Chocolate Banana Ice-cream:
Servings – 14 scoops approx.
List of Ingredients:
For Ice- cream:
Ripe Bananas – 4 nos.
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
( Drinking Chocolate Powder/ Bournvita)
Coffee – ½ tsp
Sugar – to taste
Fresh Cream or Malai – 1 tbsp
Garnishing the ice-cream:
Chocolate shavings – a handful for garnishing
Chopped Almonds – For Garnishing
- Peel and cut all the bananas into big pieces. Freeze them for almost 2 hours or until they are almost as hard as ice.
- Take the bananas out and slide them into a mixer jar.
- Now add your cocoa powder (or Drinking Chocolate Powder/ Bournvita), Coffee, and fresh cream or Malai.
- Give it a nice blend. Do not blend too much.
- Add granulated or powdered sugar if necessary.
- Now blend it into a thick consistency paste.
- Transfer your thick batter like ice-cream into an airtight container and freeze it for 6-7 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and almonds and serve it chilled in your favorite ice-cream bowl.
Additional Steps for a creamier texture: (Optional)
- After your ice-cream is frozen, take it out and put it in a mixer jar again.
- Give it a nice blend until it turns smooth.
- Now, again transfer it to the same container and freeze it properly for 4-5 hours.
- Now Garnish and serve it chilled.
These steps are completely optional and the ice-cream tastes equally heavenly if you do not follow these. I have tried both the versions and both taste luscious.
For a perfect ice-cream :
- Bananas should be properly ripe.
- If you wish to suppress the flavor of bananas in your dessert, you can add additional chocolate and additional malai.
- For a perfectly creamy ice-cream, you can follow the additional steps if you are patient enough to wait.
- Add sugar only if necessary.
I can very precisely imagine what you all are feeling when reading this. As delicious as it sounds, it is equally delicious in taste plus a healthier version of a normal ice-cream. Go, run to your kitchens, ask your moms for all the stuff, and prepare this. I can feel the taste in my mouth while writing the recipe. Why wait when you can make your own ice-cream and enjoy them?
Try this and stay tuned for more such savories on ‘The Taste Palate’.