Indo-chinese has become the favourite cuisine of many Indians. A lot of Indian spices are put into any dish. So is the case with our beloved chilli paneer. There are two types of chilli paneer, dry and gravy. The dry version is served as an appetizer while the gravy one is enjoyed as a main-course dish.
- This recipe will help you make the juiciest of Chilli paneer there is out there!
- 200 grams Paneer
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 small Onion
- 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger, Finely grated, 1 inch
- 1 clove Garlic, Large, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- Cut paneer into cubical pieces.
- Transfer them into a bowl, add yogurt, coriander, cumin, garam masala, red chilli powder, lemon juice, salt, ginger and garlic and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of cornflour with a little bit of water till a runny, lump free liquid is formed.
- Dip the marinated paneer pieces in cornflour solution and deep fry/shallow fry/ grill them.
- Heat some oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Saute for 1 minute and add squared bell peppers and onions.
- Cook on high heat so the vegetables maintain their crispiness.
- Next, add 1tbsp soy sauce, vinegar, 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup, 1 table chilli sauce and mix.
- Stir in the fried paneer cubes, and garnish with spring onion, or more lemon juice!
Serve this amazing dish to your guests or simply make it all for yourself!
Also read: Matar Kulcha Recipe
Image Credits: Recipes of home