While on my endeavor to try out new recipes during quarantine, I stumbled upon a recipe of Dahi Ke Sholey, and honestly, I could not wait to give it a shot. Velvet like from the inside and oh-so-crispy from the outside, these kebabs have been my favorite ever since I ate them for the first time. Now you can have them with green chutney or ketchup or anything else you like, and I bet they will taste equally scrumptious. Try this recipe out for yourself and you will see it is really not that difficult to make restaurant-perfect kebabs at home!
- Ingredients: (Serves 6)
- Curd – 2 kg
- Mozzarella Cheese – 50 gm
- Onions – 2 (chopped and fried)
- Green chillies – 2 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (chopped)
- Besan – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Jeera powder – 1 tbsp
- Black salt – ½ tsp
- Black pepper – a pinch
- Fresh mint – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Fresh coriander – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Oil for frying
- Take a muslin cloth and pour the curd into it and tie it tightly. Squeeze out as much whey as possible from the curd and hang it somewhere for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- After the excess whey has been removed, take the curd and put it in a large bowl. Add grated mozzarella cheese into it, along with green chillies, grated ginger, besan, cardamom powder, garam masala, jeera powder, black salt, black pepper powder, mint leaves, fresh coriander and salt as per taste.
- Now take a pan, add some oil, and let it heat for 2 minutes. Add chopped onions to it and let it fry for another few minutes. Once they turn golden-brown in colour, add them to the bowl in which we added the other ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients and combine them well.
- Now scoop out some batter with a spoon, roll it lightly in your hands, flatten it using your fingers and coat it thoroughly with breadcrumbs. Do the same till you have finished the batter, place them on a plate, and refrigerate them for 10-15 minutes.
- In the end, take a kadhaai, add some oil to it, let it heat for some time, and deep fry all the kebabs till they turn golden-brown.
Your kebabs would be ready!
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.