I know there is nothing that can match a perfectly spiced Chicken Biryani but I am going to take this chance and bet on this twist to this recipe. Once you try this out, you are going to fall in love with it. This fusion biryani recipe is something I tried out a few days ago and I fell for it so hard that I decided this has to be shared with my foodies. Having tempted you enough, I am gonna jump onto the recipe right away.
For Eggs –
- Eggs – 5
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli – ½ tsp
For Biryani –
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Green Cardamom- 4 pods
- Cloves- 4 pods
- Black cardamom- 1 pod
- Bay Leaf- 2
- Cinnamon stick- 1 inch
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tsp
- Sliced Onions- 2 medium
- Sliced Green Chilli- 4
- Tomato- 2 medium
- Salt- to taste
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Yoghurt- 1 cup
- Red Chilli- 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp
- Coriander- 1 tbsp
- Mint- 1 tbsp
- Washed Rice- 1 glass
- Water- 2 glasses
- For Eggs: Boil the eggs for 20 minutes by keeping time. Now peel the eggs and cut them all into half. Heat I tbsp oil in a pan. Add ½ tsp salt, ½ turmeric, ½ tsp red chilli powder and stir well. Now add the eggs and cook them till brown in color. Keep them aside.
- For Biryani: Soak the rice for an hour.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a heavy pot. Add all your dry ingredients- cumin, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, and cinnamon. Leave the dry ingredients if you do not have any of them readily available. Saute for 1 minute.
- Now, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and fry them till they are translucent.
- Add Green Chillies and stir till onions turn golden brown.
- Now, add Tomatoes and cook until soft and pulpy.
- Add salt, turmeric and Yoghurt and stir well.
- Now, add red chilli powder, Garam Masala, Cumin Powder and mix again. Throw in coriander leaves and mint leaves and cook well for 5-7 minutes.
- Now, add soaked and drained rice and mix them well with the masala. Now, add 2 glasses of water and bring it to a boil.
- Cover your pot with a lid and cook it for 10-12 minutes.
- Now, add in cooked boiled eggs and mix it well.
- Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve it in a bowl and garnish with coriander and lemon juice.
This was all for this super delicious Biryani Recipe and I know you guys are gonna make it multiple times if you try it once. This one has some amazing blend of flavors, spices, and of course, the favorite part- Biryani. Try out this super amazing sumptuous recipe. Until the next recipe in “The Taste Palate”, toodles!