Hey foodies! Bringing you back to the food heaven with our second recipe in The Taste Palate- where we talk all things food. As said by the great novelist, George Bernard Shaw, “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” Food is everyone’s best friend. So, lets Keep Calm and eat Food.
I have been indulging in a lot of cooking and baking lately. As I earlier said, we are all being chefs and feeling like a master chef sitting inside our homes. And with the extension of the lockdown, you might be missing food from cafes, tea stalls, road-side stalls, and all the junk. And here I am, to rescue you with a new Sandwich recipe that tastes heavenly. I believe the love for sandwiches is something which is forever and traditionally seen, the simplest sandwich is the bread butter which mothers usually gave us when we were running late for school.
Recipe for Tawa Bombay Sandwich:
For Green Mint Chutney :
- Onions – 2 Nos.
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- Salt – 3/4th teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander – 1 small bowl
- Fresh Mint leaves – 1 small bowl
- Dry Mango Powder- 1 teaspoon
For Sandwich : (Servings 7 )
- Boiled potatoes – 3 nos.
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Sliced Onion (Sliced in rings) – 2 Nos.
- Sliced Tomatoes (Sliced in rings) – 2 Nos.
- Sliced Cucumber (Sliced in rings) – 1 No.
- Aloo Bhujia
- Bread Slices – As required
- Butter – As required
- Refined Oil
For Sandwich Masala :
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Ajwain – 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 2 tsp
- GREEN MINT CHUTNEY: Prepare the mint chutney first by grinding all the ingredients in the mixer grinder. Mix well until you obtain a fine paste. Store it in a box for use.
- SANDWICH MASALA: Now, grind all the dry spices – Fennel seeds, Cumin Seeds, Cinnamon, Ajwain) in a mixer. Add Chaat Masala in them to make Sandwich Masala.
- Now mash the boiled potatoes. Heat up some oil in a pan and add 1 tsp cumin seeds. Now add turmeric powder and mashed potatoes. Cook them on medium-low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a bread slice. Apply Butter and Pudina chutney on it.
- Now, put some saute potatoes (Step 3) and place 2 onion rings and 2 tomato rings diagonally.
- Top them with cucumber rings and sprinkle a pinch or two of the sandwich masala (Step 2).
- Sprinkle Aloo Bhujia on the top and put the other slice after applying butter and chutney on it. Settle your sandwiches using toothpicks.
- Prepare all your sandwiches. Now, heat your tava and oil it nicely. Take your sandwich and roast it until golden brown from both sides. Be careful when you flip it.
- Here, serve them hot with cutting chai and tomato ketchup.
This was all in this recipe. These desi style sandwiches will assure you that sandwiches taste good even without cheese. Why have cheese when you have aloo bhujia? Go and try them with your evening tea and let us know what do ya’ think about them. For more recipes, stay tuned to ‘The Taste Palate.’
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.