If you have been missing burgers from your favourite food joint then don’t worry! This recipe will satisfy all your cravings and the best part is, it can be made from easily available ingredients. That’s right! So get off your sofa and start preparing this for yourself and your whole family. It will be a pleasant surprise for all your family members!
FOR ALOO TIKKI:
2 Boiled potatoes, mashed
¼ Cup boiled peas / matar
¼ Tsp turmeric / haldi
1 Cup bread crumbs
½ Tsp kashmiri chilli powder
½ Tsp coriander powder
2 Cups Oil for deep frying
¼ Tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
¼ Tsp crushed pepper
Salt (to taste)
½ Tsp ginger garlic paste
¼ Cup poha / Beaten rice, washed
FOR COATING PASTE:
3 Tbsp maida / Plain flour / All purpose flour
2 Tbsp corn flour
¼ Tsp crushed pepper
¼ Tsp salt
¼ Cup water
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
3 Tbsp tomato sauce
1 Tsp chilli sauce
4 burger buns
1 Sliced tomato
1 Onion cut into rings
3 Tbsp mustard (optional)
3 Tbsp green chutney (optional)
1. Combine the boiled, mashed potatoes with boiled peas and poha/rice in a bowl.
2. Add haldi, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, salt, jeera powder and crushed pepper. Mix well and give shape to the patties.
3. Prepare the coating by mixing maida, corn flour and crushed pepper in water. Add a little salt according to your taste.
4.Dip the patties into the paste, make sure to coat all sides evenly. Roll the coated patties in bread crumbs.
5. Deep fry patties in oil or bake the same at 180 c° for 20 minutes or until the patties turn golden brown in colour.
6. Cut open the burger buns into half and spread mayonnaise, tomato sauce, chilli sauce according to your needs on both the pieces. Place a few lettuce leaves, 2 slices of tomato on the bottom bun.
7. Place the tikki on the bottom bun and again put a few slices of tomato and onion on top.
8. Cover with top bun and press lightly.
9. Enjoy the burger with fries and sauce of your preference (:
So? Are you ready to try out this recipe after seeing that it involves only nine steps?! Get moving and prepare these burgers as snacks for a fun and lovely evening.
Image Source – Cooking Shooking
Download the DU Express app on Play Store to stay connected with all the latest admission news and campus news 24×7.Click here to download the app.
Join our Telegram channel today free of cost to get all the latest updates delivered directly on your smartphone.Click here to subscribe to our Telegram channel or search for – @DUExpressIndia on Telegram to join.